Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 21: Easy Like Sunday Morning

As stores were transitioning out their summer clothes to make room for the new fall collections, I grabbed a few summer steals from the clearance sales.  Long maxi's are a summer favorite of mine - so easy for effortless style, breezy, super comfy, and flattering to so many body types.  I found this color blocked number for just $8.99!  It was at the end of the season, so I didn't get to wear it during the summer months but that doesn't mean it has to collect dust until next year.

Even though fall has arrived, it's still fairly warm in the 70's here in the desert.  So, I paired this dress with a lightweight cropped jean jacket that works great in this transitional weather.

I had to go with my leopard flats with this....they are so comfy and my favorite fall shoe right now.
 

A few navy and gold accessories finished it off...





The hooligans were playing outside and couldn't resist getting in on the picture action...

My little hams :)

As much as I've been tempted to go out and buy a couple of fall lovelies, I've found that with a little creativity, I can stretch some of my favorite summer staples well into fall and beyond.  As we really move into colder weather, I can wear this same dress by swapping out the flats for tights and boots, the light jean jacket for a chunky sweater or warmer coat, and adding a cozy scarf.

How are you stretching you wardrobe into fall?  Do you wear your clothes year round or keep them in their designated season? 

Hope you all are enjoying a great weekend!




Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you are so cute! I like the leopard with colorblocked dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the color block. Sometimes I wonder if it is too hot here to wear maxi's in the summer. I am debating whether to turn mine into a LBD. Pairing it with the jean jacket is the perfect to-go casual for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really your two little ham's make the picture! Sweet little ones.

    I am LOVING your outfit. For me, it depends on the piece of clothing. I do have some that can be warn year round with a cartigan, or jeans or under a sweater, or having a long sleeved shirt under it. etc.

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...