Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 20: Temptations

I want to be honest.  This 31 Day series has been hard.  It's been hard to post every day.   Hard to discover new things in my closet or the garage, have a great idea for a project with them, and then realize I don't have quite everything I need to pull it off. 

This wouldn't be an issue if not for my self-imposed spending freeze on project supplies and clothes.  The good news is that there are still plenty of projects I can complete without purchasing any additional supplies and I'll have plenty of projects on the docket once my "freeze" is over.

But the hardest part has been about the clothes.  I started this spending freeze on Oct 1st, right as we transitioned the summer clothes out and brought in the fall. I have been tempted on so many occasions to just grab one cardigan (it's getting cold and that's a fall staple, right?).  Especially today.

Our godson's baptism was this evening and I do have a cropped white cardi that I planned to wear with my dress.  But it had a stain on the front.  So as we were picking up a few groceries and supplies from Target earlier, I wandered over to the women's clothing clearance racks.  First mistake.  Don't put yourself in the den of temptation. 

After a few minutes of browsing, my daughter said, "Mom, why are we over here?  We don't need any clothes.  We need fruit, and milk, and cornbread mix."  She was so right. 

I steered us towards the market area, got what was on our list and only what was on our list.  I can't remember the last time that happened at Target.

I came home, treated my sweater with stain remover and wore it to the baptism.  We forgot the camera at home so I don't have a pic to share but will steal some from our friends soon :)

Why does it seem so much easier to just replace something than to fix it sometimes?  It took me 5 min to fix my sweater and saved me whatever money I would have spent on a new one.  I wish I could say that I make the this choice every time.  I'll share more of my successes and failures with this at the end of the series, but for now I will say that it's certainly challenging me in really good ways!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Target is temptation city from clothes to organizing and home decor! OH and there is more coming my way with Christmas decorations....

    ReplyDelete

*Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Your comments completely make my day! I'm literally grinning ear to ear whenever you take a minute to leave a note! Except spam. Not grinning over that. Or straight up mean. Not grinning over that either. We love a good open discussion but please save anything that's not constructive for someplace else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...